Search This Blog

Friday, March 19, 2010

Trader Joe's

I'm falling head over heels for this store. I've made some really delightful product discoveries, and I hate to think what would happen if I couldn't get to one to get their graham crackers! Things I love from them:

I love that they have organic chocolate syrup (without creepy chemicals) for $3 (really, not that much more expensive than Hershey's, but it tastes amazing!)

I love their graham crackers, they're cinnamon, they taste like they were actually baked not too long ago, and if you don't eat them for awhile, they go a little soft, which tells me they don't have tons of creepy chemicals (and they don't have HFCS, which is almost impossible to find a regular grocery store! Wait no, it was impossible to find in Giant Eagle, Walmart, and Kuhn's back in Pittsburgh!)

They have this garlic mustard aioli that is so scrumptious! I like to put it in egg salad, in grilled cheese sandwiches, use it as coating for bread crumbs on chicken, in a regular old sandwich, it's quite versatile in my mind. Garlic is always welcome in my house!

They have these cheese straws that are phenominal. Have you ever put cheese on a baking sheet to make these little cheesy crispy chip like things? The edges are all browned and super cheesy tasting (it's like with the oil baked out, there's nothing but cheesy goodness!) They taste like that! So scrummy!

I do have one bone to pick. The one near us does not have rice noodles. I went to Trader Joe's to pick up some shampoo and other things, and was crushed because I needed them for dinner. I had to stop at the commissary on the way back home, which isn't too bad, but the kids were hungry, I was hungry, so we ended up tossing Snikiddy cheese puffs (gluten free, no HFCS, no MSG, no hydrogenated oils or preservatives and pretty tasty!) and Alexia onion strips along with the tofu and rice noodles we needed. I don't know how they can claim to have a proper gluten free section without rice noodles. Not break up worthy though!

No comments:

Post a Comment